Entry Level Payroll Clerk
Outsource is the largest staffing firm in the nation specializing in the placement of low voltage and electrical talent. We are on the hunt for for someone who is interested in learning and growing within the payroll field and/or staffing industry!
This is a great opportunity to work alongside some of the best in the business to gain hands-on experience in various aspects of payroll, customer service, and staffing.
As a Payroll Clerk with Outsource, you will work with our Sales & Recruiting teams, as well as our external candidates and clients to process payroll and billing. The ideal candidate has a knack for numbers and details.
This position requires 90 days in office training and then transitions to hybrid (2 days remote, 3 days in office).
Payroll Clerk Responsibilities
- Process payroll for external candidates on a weekly basis
- Assist Recruiting team with timecard collection
- Request timecard approvals from existing clients
- Data entry of paper timecards into our payroll software
- Assist external candidates with entering time through online portal
- Troubleshoot payroll issues, as they arise
- Generate and send client invoices on a weekly basis
- Coordinate with Sales team to ensure accuracy of invoices
- Making phone calls and fielding incoming calls from internal and external clients
- Assist with mitigation of payroll issues such as short payments
- Assist various departments when needed including payroll and accounting
- Other duties may be assigned as needed
- $18.00 hourly rate (paid weekly on Fridays)
- Paid time off: 15 personal days, 7 holidays, & 2 floating holidays
- Low-cost health insurance: Medical, Dental, Vision, & Life
- Hybrid schedule after 3 month in-office training period
- 401k (we match!)
- Paid parental leave
- Computer literacy in a Windows environment and Microsoft Suite (experience using Microsoft Excel a plus)
- Minimum 6 months experience in an office setting or customer service role
- Strong attention to detail
- Excellent organizational skills
- Sense of urgency and a “willing to” attitude
Our team is the reason we have such a strong brand, are able to offer such exceptional customer service, and continue to grow rapidly as an organization.
Our Latest Resources
What's new in the world of work? Check out the latest highlights, including staffing trends, top insights and more.
Be Ready to Answer These Questions at Your Next Job Interview
Whether this is your first job interview or you've done several already, you will probably find yourself with a case of nerves as it begins...